Washington, D.C. (June 2, 2016)— The 2016 International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE)—the largest and most comprehensive event in the Western Hemisphere for the grain-based food industry—returns to Las Vegas October 8-11, where 20,000+ bakery professionals will gather to network, learn and check out the latest innovations in baking supplies, ingredients and equipment from more than 900 leading manufacturers and suppliers covering more than 700,000 square feet of exhibit space.
“We’re excited for attendees and exhibitors alike to see what’s new at IBIE with programs that better facilitate networking, hands-on learning and inspiration,” said Michael Cornelis, Chairman, IBIE. “IBIE is proud to bring together all segments of the grain-based food industry and we’ve revamped old favorites and added some fresh, exciting features to the mix for 2016 to ensure everyone—whether they’re first time visitors or have been multiple times—has a truly exceptional experience.”
A host of stimulating new and returning highlights create an even more engaging experience for attendees and exhibitors, including:
- The All-American Tailgate serves as the official kick-off event, taking place on the opening night of IBIE, October 8 at 4:30 p.m., and provides an incredible opportunity for networking with key colleagues and suppliers from around the globe. Held right on the show floor, tickets include unlimited drinks, tailgate-style food, music, interactive games and, of course, sports on big screens.
- The Idea LAB serves as a hive for innovation and includes the Innovation Spotlight Theater featuring the industry’s latest advancements, as well as an “Ask the Experts” answer bar.
- Attendees can also engage in Fresh Take Talks presented by Grain Foods Foundation – 20-minute TED Talk-like forward-thinking presentations – about what’s next for the industry.
- The Innovation Showcase brings the latest advancements to the forefront in a cutting-edge display in the convention center grand concourse.
- IBIE has developed—in conjunction with the Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA)—a new pavilion on the show floor dedicated to cold storage solutions and innovations, presenting warehouse, construction and transportation options.
- The American Cake Decorating Demo Theater and The ONE Demonstration Theater by Revent feature free daily demos by celebrity chefs and big-name cake decorators showing off their skills and latest techniques, right on the show floor.
- An expanded education program features the latest techniques and proven strategies for streamlining wholesale operations, improving product quality and increasing profits. The 90+ sessions are designed for professionals of all levels and backgrounds.
- More than 20 new seminars focus on the most relevant issues facing the industry today, featuring expanded content for upper management.
- This year’s speakers are well-known subject matter experts, including Todd Hale, Lee Sanders and Ramon Rivera, and business moguls who run the largest bakeries in the world.
- The education program begins on October 7, the day before the Baking Expo™ opens, with RPIA’s Business of Baking for Beginners seminar and the Tortilla Industry Association’s two-day Technical and Management Conference, which addresses operation skills, safety regulations, quality control, plant efficiency and best practices for the baking industry’s fastest growing market segment.
- Education seminars at IBIE 2016 are organized into nine targeted tracks: AIB Technical, Retail, Bread Bakers Guild of America, International, Management, Sales & Marketing, Ingredients & Processes, Food Safety & Sanitation, and Retail Hands-on (Cake & Pastry Decorating). Sessions are held daily from 8:30 a.m. to noon and in the evening to give attendees plenty of time to explore all the latest innovations being showcased on the expo floor.
- Popular returning features include: E.S.T. in Baking Program, The Great American Pie Festival, PMQ Pizza Village and RBA’s 15th Annual Pillsbury Bakers’ Plus Creative Decorating Competition.
For more information, or to register for IBIE 2016, visit www.IBIE2016.com.
Sponsored by the American Bakers Association (ABA), the Baking Equipment Manufacturers and Allieds (BEMA) and the Retail Bakers of America (RBA), IBIE is recognized worldwide as the grain-based food industry’s premier trade event. A “working show,” where millions of dollars of business is conducted daily, IBIE brings the entire professional baking community together, offering the complete range of equipment, supply and ingredient solutions and showcasing the newest baking technology. Since its inception, IBIE continually strives to advance the baking industry through comprehensive access to innovative products from leading manufacturers and suppliers, and provide the common ground for collaboration amongst professionals in the field. IBIE is a not-for-profit organization, where proceeds are invested back into the industry.
Attendees include employees of: wholesale bakeries, suppliers and distributors; supermarket chains, central bakeries and commissaries; supermarket in-store bakeries; multi-store and single unit retail bakeries; intermediate wholesale bakeries; donut, pie and cookie retailers; cake and cupcake shops; foodservice operators; tortilla producers; snack food producers; biscuit & cracker producers.
Exhibitors include manufacturers and suppliers of: baking/food equipment and systems; ingredients, flavorings, spices & fillings; ingredient handling systems; packaging materials & systems; technology; sanitation equipment; transportation & distribution equipment; refrigeration equipment; business services.