While our priority is bringing the industry together to get business done, we’re also focused on onsite health and safety for everyone who plans to participate in the upcoming Baking Expo™. We’ve been monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it continues to evolve and are working closely with our Las Vegas partners to follow guidelines for minimizing risk and ensuring the baking community is able to meet safely during IBIE 2022.
- The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) was awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation by ISSA. They are the first facility in Nevada to achieve this accreditation, which ensures that employees are trained with best work practices, protocols, procedures and systems for biorisk prevention and containment.
- The LVCVA also developed a comprehensive plan for a new system of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention. The plan was developed in collaboration with health officials and key stakeholders after extensive, thoughtful research on health and safety protocols and industry best practices.
- IBIE Show Organizers have certified ISSA – GBAC Trained Technicians on-staff who have been trained on the principles behind infection and contamination control measures for infectious disease outbreak situations such as the novel coronavirus, as well as best practices for response and remediation.
To protect yourself and others from any virus:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Wear a facemask to cover your nose and mouth when in public.
- Maintain social distancing. Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Stay home, or away from other individuals, if you are sick
For additional information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Questions? Email [email protected].